Skip to content

Lohrke Law

Firearm Rights

Rights Restoration Options Besides Expungement or Set Aside?

We think of Rights Restoration as a hierarchy. At the top is expungement or set aside, which makes the conviction disappear. You can’t get better than that. If you cannot expunge or set aside, the next best thing is to turn a felony into a misdemeanor. This is done through a law that allows a…

Read More

Can Rights be Restored if Money is Still Owed in a Case?

In our experience all fines, fees, and restitution must be paid off before people can set aside a conviction. A reduction requires at a minimum to be up to date with a payment plan. The laws do not explicitly discuss money owed, but they do discuss complying with the sentence of the court, which arguably…

Read More

Can I Restore my Rights if I have a Felony Vehicle Conviction?

Convictions for felony vehicle crimes cannot be set aside, but they can be reduced to misdemeanors. Oregon Revised Statute 161.705 allows a Class C Felony to be reduced to a Class A Misdemeanor. Felony reduction to misdemeanor applies to convictions for criminal as well as vehicle crimes. Once a felony conviction is properly reduced to…

Read More
Scroll To Top